There was a bakery in front of my office and I used to love their banana bread. I would get one and eat the whole within 2-3 days by myself. That time I never thought I would be making one myself. In fact even a better version with healthy ingredients. So today I am sharing my favorite egg-less whole wheat flour banana bread recipe that is loaded with the goodness of jaggery.
Whole Wheat Banana BreadCourse: Dessert
3 ripe Bananas
1/2 cup jaggery (Gud)
1/4 cup curd / yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cup whole wheat flour / atta
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
pinch of salt
2 tsp chopped dry fruits
1/4 cup chocolate chips (Optional)
- Add 3 chopped bananas in the bowl.
- Add jaggery. If you don’t have jaggery you can use brown sugar or coconut sugar too.
- Beat this mixture into a fine paste until jaggery dissolves into bananas.4.
- Now add rest of the wet ingredients into the bowl i.e. curd, olive oil & vanilla extract. Mix well
- Add dry ingredients i.e. flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon powder into the bowl.
- Use the cut & fold method of mixing everything. Don’t over mix. If the batter feels too dry then you can add 1/4 cup of water.
- Transfer into a mold lined with parchment paper or aluminium foil so it is easy to unmold the cake.
- Add chopped dry fruits & chocolate chips for decoration.
Bake at 180 c or 356 F for 45 minutes.
- Try to use ripe bananas for this recipe as they will add natural sweetness so you will have to use less added sugar.
Enjoy super fluffy & moist whole wheat banana bread. This will last in the fridge for up to 4 days but I promise it will be long gone before that.