My take on Vegetarian Quesadilla recipe is a bit different from traditional Quesadilla but it’s so tasty, very easy to make, and loaded with fresh veggies.
Vegetarian Roti QuesadillaCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Mexican
Colored bell peppers (Capsicum)
Garlic 2-3 pods
1 cup Cottage Cheese or Tofu (Paneer)
Rotis or Tortilla wraps
2 tbsp Cooking oil
1/2 tbs salt
1/2 tbs crushed black pepper
1/2 tbs Oregano
1/2 tbs chilly flakes
Chia seeds 1 tbs (Optional for extra nutritional value)
- I am using the above-mentioned veggies but you can use whatever you like. Roughly chop the vegetables around. We need about 1 cup of vegetables.
- Start by heating a pan. Add cooking oil of your choice, I am using olive oil here.
- Add finely crushed garlic to the pan. Saute for 1 minute.
- Then add all the other vegetables along with cottage cheese. Cook the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices and then turn off the heat.
- The filling is ready. You can use this filling in sandwiches or wraps too, It tastes delicious.
- To assemble the quesadillas take 2 tortilla wraps or rotis. I am using whole wheat wraps here.
- Spread some pizza sauce on one side of the wrap to add some tangy flavor. (It’s optional).
- Generously spread the filling on the wrap.
- Sprinkle cheese of your choice, I have used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. You can be as generous as you want in putting the cheese.
- Then put another tortilla on top of this.
- Heat the pan and carefully place the quesadilla in.
- Cook it from both sides until you see light brown spots and cheese has melted.
Voila, your Vegetarian Roti Quesadilla is ready. Cut it into 4 pieces and serve hot with some fresh salsa.