Salads are one of the easiest ways to incorporate veggies, fruits, nuts & seeds in your meal. Sprout Salad recipe I am sharing today is one of my favorite and comes with an oil-free peanut butter based dressing. This recipe will serve 3-4 people.
I have sprouted mung & chana at home but You can buy ready made sprouts from the market itself.
Sprout SaladCourse: Breakfast
1 & 1/2 cup green mung
1 medium onion
Coriander/ Cilantro leaves
1 & 1/2 cup black chana
4 Tbsp peanut butter
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic pod
1/2 tbs crushed black pepper
1 tbs salt
1 Tbsp honey or Maple Syrup
- Directions for Dressing
- It should be neither too thick nor too runny.
- I like to make my dressing a day ahead so that all the flavors settle in.
- Always taste the dressing and adjust salt or consistency according to your preference.
- Chop onion, cucumber, tomato, apple finely. Add a green chilly if you like things spicy.
- Add all the ingredients and dressing in a mixing bowl.
- The dressing should coat all the material but one should never overdress a salad because the dressing is acidic and salad starts cooking if you overdress.
- You can add cranberries, sunflower seeds, chopped nuts. Options are limitless here. Just add or subtract any ingredients according to your taste.
- Always add the dressing right before serving the salad.
Sprout salad is ready. Serve it chilled in breakfast, lunch, or dinner.