I love a good white sauce pasta but for the creaminess, one has to add a good amount of cheese and that is not so healthy. So today I am bringing a healthy version of pasta recipe called Palak Paneer Pasta which is loaded with the goodness of spinach and can be prepared without traditional cheese.
Palak Paneer PastaCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Italian
1 cup Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
1/2 cup cooked Spinach
1 cup Pasta
1 cup Milk
4-5 Garlic cloves
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Chilly flakes
1 Tbsp Sweet corn
- In a pot add pasta, 1 tsp of water, 1tsp oil and 3 cups of water. It may take 20-30 minutes for the pasta to cook.
- Meanwhile, let’s make the sauce. In a pan add 1 Tbsp oil.
- When the oil is hot add crushed garlic. Saute until brown.
- Add 1 Tbsp flour and saute till golden brown.
- Add milk slowly while stirring continuously so what there are no lumps in the sauce. It may take 10 minutes to reach a sauce type of thick consistency.
- In the sauce add the salt & pepper.
- Add paneer to the pan, followed by spinach, corn, and cooked pasta.
- Add up to 1 cup of pasta water to adjust sauce consistency.
- Season with oregano & chilly fakes
- Pasta tends to soak up all the moisture so its best to eat as soon as prepared otherwise it gets pretty dry. But if you are planning to eat it later make sure to leave more sauce in the pasta.
- Never throw away the water you boil pasta in use it instead of normal water. The salty, starchy water not only adds flavor but helps glue the pasta and sauce together