I love hummus, but really who doesn’t? It’s one of the foods which is so delicious yet healthy at the same time. It’s so versatile you can use it as a dip or put as a spread on wraps & sandwiches or cook a vegan pasta with it. It’s very easy to make at home. Once you try this homemade version you will not go for the store-bought stuff again. The best part is that it is an oil-free hummus recipe.
Oil Free HummusCourse: SidesCuisine: Mediterranean
1 cup chickpea
1/4 cup tahini
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 tbs cumin powder
1/2 tbs salt
1/2 tbs red chilly powder (Optional)
1 clove of garlic
- You can soak chickpeas overnight & pressure cook them or just use the canned ones.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend it till you have a smooth paste.
- Add water to adjust the consistency of hummus.
- The key is to blend 4-5 mins for a smooth consistency.
- The traditional recipe call for the addition of olive oil to increase the creaminess but I like to add more Tahini.
- Also If you don’t have tahini on hand you can replace it with 2 Tbps yogurt, that also works fine.