If you are bored of eating the same old oatmeal, today I am bringing a savory recipe of oats for your taste buds. Oats Chilla is packed with flavors. It is quick to put together that makes it a great option for breakfast.
Oats ChillaCourse: Breakfast
1 cup Oats Flour
1/2 cup Curd
1/2 Onion medium size
1/2 Tomato medium size
Ginger small piece
3-4 Garlic pods
2 Tbsp Colored bell peppers (Capsicum)
2 tbs Coriander leaves (Cilantro )
2 Green Chilies (Optional)
1 tbs Red Chilly Powder
1 tbs Turmeric Powder
2 tbs Salt
1 tbs Coriander Powder
1/2 tbs Carom Seeds or Ajwain (Optional)
1 tbs Moringa Powder (Optional)
- Finely chop all the vegetables. You can add or remove vegetables according to your taste preference.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup of water. The batter should be neither too runny nor too thick. It should be like a pancake batter.
- Rest the batter for at least 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes you might need to add more water to adjust the consistency as oats will soak some moisture.
- Finally, we are ready to make some oats chilla.
- Put a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- When the pan is hot pour about 1/4 cup of batter in the pan and spread the batter.
- Cook it from both sides until brown spots appear. Each side should be done in 2 minutes.
- You may add some oil if not using a non-stick pan to prevent the batter from sticking to the pan.
- If you don’t have oats flour at home, You can grind whichever oats you have in a blender till you get a fine powder.
Oats Chilla are ready. Relish them with chutney of your choice or ketchup.
Checkout another interesting & easy Oats recipe here: