Bored of eating oatmeal every time? Still want to a way to incorporate Oats in your diet so that you can get health benefits of this superfood, Here is a savory Oats recipe for you guys. This Masala Oats recipe is prepared in Indian style with Indian spices.
Masala OatsCourse: Breakfast
Rolled Oats 2 cups
Chia Seeds (Optional)
Salt 2 tbs
Red chilly powder 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder 1 tbsp
Cumin 1 tbsp
- Chop all the vegetables roughly.
- Put the pan on medium heat & put 2 tbs oil of your choice. I am using olive oil here.
- Add cumin and curry leaves, saute for 30 sec.
- Now add all the vegetables and cooks for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the oats.
- Finally, put all the spices with 4 cups of water.
- Cover the lid and cook until oats are cooked properly.
- You need to cook oats for about 10-15 minutes. If you are using instant oats that will take lesser time.
- Masala Oats is ready. Serve hot.
- To Amp up the nutrition, you can add chia seeds or any other kind of seeds like pumpkin, watermelon on the top.
Checkout another super yummy Oats recipe here: