I got a chance to try Indonesian cuisine on one of my visits to Bali since then I have been craving for Indonesian food. So finally I thought of giving it a try myself. This version of Indonesian Peanut Satay Noodles might not be totally authentic but still tastes great and packed with flavors. The recipe is so easy that you can cook it in no time.
Indonesian Peanut Satay NoodlesCourse: MainCuisine: Indonesian
200 gm noodles
3-4 garlic cloves
1 inch piece of ginger
2 Tbsp coriander leaves
2 Tbsp slat
1/4 cup Spring Onion
1/2 Capsicum (Bell Pepper)
2 Tbsp Sweet Corn
1 Tbsp oil
1 Green or Red Chilly (Optional)
- Peanut Satay
4 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp soya sauce or Tamari
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar or Any Vinegar
2 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup
- Add noodles in boiling water with 2 tsp salt and cook as per package instructions. Depending on the type of noodles cooking time might vary.
- I am using rice noodles and it takes about 10 mins.
- In mean time let’s prepare the peanut satay.
- Add all the ingredients for peanut satay in a bowl and mix.
- Put a pan on high heat. When it’s hot put 1 Tbsp oil.
- Add garlic and ginger & saute for 30 sec.
- Add rest of the vegetables and cook for 2 mins.
- Combine the peanut satay followed by 1/4 cups of water.
- At this point continuously stir the mix otherwise peanut butter might stick to the pan.
- Combine the noodles and mix everything well.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing.
- For this recipe you can use any kind of noodles you like rice noodles, whole wheat noodles all work well.
- You can put vegetables of your choice in this recipe. Mushrooms, zucchini, carrots also taste good.
Indonesian Peanut Satay Noodles are ready to enjoy. You can also put bean sprouts and roasted peanuts to add more crunch.