Looking for not so sweet recipe of sweet potatoes, you have come to the right post. Honey Chilly Sweet Potato recipe is my take on traditional Indo-Chinese dish Honey Chilly Potato. This can be enjoyed as an appetizer.
Honey Chilly Sweet PotatoCourse: Appetizer
Sweet Potato around 500 gm
1/4 cup Spring onion
1/4 cup Colored bell peppers
1/4 cup Onion
5-6 cloves of garlic
Cilantro to garnish (Coriander leaves)
1 tbs Salt
1 tbs Chilly Powder
2 tbs Chilly garlic sauce (Schezuan Sauce)
1/2 tbs Crushed Black Pepper
1tbs Chia seeds (Optional)
- Start by boiling sweet potatoes, add 1 tbs salt to the boiling water. It should take 2-3 whistles in a pressure cooker or 20 minutes in a pot.
- You don’t want potatoes to be too mushy, you should be able to pass through a knife easily to know when it’s done.
- After potatoes get cold peel the cover and cut them in small cubes.
- Chop all the vegetables roughly.
- Heat up the pan and put 2 tbs of oil, I am using olive oil but you can use sesame oil too if you want to as it tastes great in Chinese dishes.
- Add garlic and saute till light brown.
- Put the rest of the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add cooked sweet potatoes in the pan followed by the spices.
- Mix everything well and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
Honey Chilly Sweet Potato is ready. Garnish with some chopped cilantro and serve hot.