Nothing beats a batch of freshly baked cookies but what’s even better than cookies made out of oats. This Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies recipe doesn’t contain any refined sugar and refined flour.
Chocolate Oatmeal CookiesCourse: Dessert
1/2 cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
1/2 cup Jaggery powder (Gud)
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 cup Oats flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
A pinch of Salt
1/4 cup Cacao powder or Cocoa
1/4 cup Milk
- Start by mixing ghee & jaggery in a bowl. Mix until jaggery dissolves.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Now add dry ingredients like oats flour, baking soda, cacao powder, flaxseed & salt into the mix.
- Add Milk.
- Now mix until everything is well combined and you will get dough type of consistency.
- Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Use an ice cream scooper to scoop out cookie dough or baking tray on use can do it with hand too.
- Flaten, it to Give it cookie like shape. Top it with chocolate chips or nuts.
- Baked cookies for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180c or 356f.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
- If you don’t like ghee or don’t have it you can substitute it with the same quantity of olive oil & butter.
- Cacao powder is packed with antioxidants and a good source of iron, fiber, and magnesium as compared to Cocoa powder.
- If you don’t have oats flour then you can make it home in no time. Instant & rolled oats both works for this recipe. Put one cup oats into the mixer & run it until you have fine flour type consistency.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are ready. I know they look irresistible but wait for few mintutes so that they can cool down a bit.
If chocolate is not your thing then you will love these oatmeal banana cookies.