Kids love fries, adults love fries. In short, everyone loves fries :D. French Fries are even better if you don’t need to deep fry them and can bake in the oven without too much oil.
Baked Loaded French FriesCourse: Appetizer
2-3 medium potatoes
2 Tbsp oil
1 medium-sized onion
1 medium-sized bell pepper (Capsicum)
3-4 garlic pods
1 Tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbs Salt
- Start by washing potatoes thoroughly. You can leave the skin on if you want, I have peeled my potatoes.
Dice potatoes in the shape of french fries. Try to keep them even sized so while cooking all of them cook evenly.
- Soak them in water for 10 minutes so that potatoes leave starch. It will help to make the fries crispier.
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Pat dry the potatoes and coat them with 1 Tbsp oil.
- Now place the potatoes on a baking dish and don’t make them too crowded otherwise it won’t cook properly. Use 2 baking dishes if you require it.
- At this point, fries are done. You can season them with pepper and salt and have them as it is.
- If you are like me and like taking things to the next level then Let’s make some loaded french fries.
- Finely chop onion, garlic & bell pepper.
- In a pan heat 1 Tbsp oil.
- Add garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Then add onion & bell peppers. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ketchup and salt followed by fries and mix properly.
- You can add spring onions or sweet corn too.
- Garnish with some grated cheese (Optional).
Serve these yummy fries hot with some ketchup.